What is an Event Maker?
The term “Event Maker” probably isn’t one that you use too often in your daily vocab, but here at SpinGo we use it daily. That’s because Event Maker is a term coined by SpinGo CEO, Kreg Peeler.
An event maker is anybody who works on making an event come to fruition from planners, PR specialists, marketers, and promoters to decorators, caterers, sponsorship finders, and anything in between.
I would like to parallel the term event maker with the term filmmaker. What exactly is a filmmaker and what is her role? Is the filmmaker the producer, director, editor, or the sound guy? Is the filmmaker the cinematographer, writer, or lighting specialist? The answer to all of these is yes, they are all filmmakers. Without each of them, the film would be incomplete. In the same vein, an event maker is anybody who works on making an event come to fruition from planners, PR specialists, marketers, and promoters to decorators, caterers, sponsorship finders, and anything in between.
Although your specific job description probably does not say “event maker”, working on events is still an aspect of your job. Maybe your company or organization only has one event a year and you make flyers for it; you are an event maker. If all the pieces don’t come together, just like for a movie, your event will fall short of what it could have been. So give yourself some credit, and add event maker to your list of accolades!
Here are some examples of tasks that make you an event maker:
- You plan events all day every day (okay, this one was too obvious).
- You work on a marketing team and your company hosts a conference, summit, workshop, or any other kind of event.
- You work for a nonprofit and have to help put together yearly fundraisers.
- You find caterers, or are a caterer for an event.
- You design, create, and share advertisements for an event.
- You use Google, Facebook, and local newspapers to advertise an event.
- You line up speakers and activities for an event.
- You find venues to host your event.
- You compile a list of people you want to have at your event.
- You work on social media, sharing pictures and videos about your events.
- Colin is a Creative Director at SpinGo. He is a Pay-per-click and Search Engine Marketing expert who is committed to placing ads in front of the right people, at the right place, at the right time. He is Skilled in segmentation, audience creation, and campaign optimization.